Revised: 30 April 2014
This lab was developed by Dr. Walt Schilling; all errors in its adaptation are the responsibility of the instructor.
Selenium test tool installation
If you have not already done so, install Selenium IDE. Selenium works best with Firefox, though it can be used with other browsers. To install Selenium, go to docs.seleniumhq.org/download/ and download version 2.5.0 of the Selenium IDE. With Firefox, it will download the plug in and ask you if you wish to install it in Firefox. You will then need to restart Firefox.
Calculator: application to be tested
The application to be tested has a "web" GUI that looks like this:
The application can be accessed HERE. Develop a set of Selenium regression test for it, being as thorough as necessary to properly test the program. Save your test suite to an HTML file named calctest.html, using the Firefox/Selenium File->Save Test Case menu command that is available when the Selenium IDE window is selected.
Applying regression testing
Assignment submission (due by 11:59PM CDT, Tuesday, May 6)
Prepare a PDF report (named "SE2832-username1-username2-username3-Lab8.pdf" (using dashes, not underscores, with the specified capitalization), where each "usernameN" is the lowercase MSOE email username of a team member) on your lab experience, including:
- Your names and assignment identification ("SE-2832 Lab 8")
- A description of how you prepared and executed the tests.
- The listing of your test case(s), as saved in calctest.html.
- A listing of any defects you found and fixed in the software under test.
- Your description of the lab experience and any remaining questions that you have.
- The location of your final test case(s) and source code, in one team member's Bitbucket repository.
If you have any questions, consult the instructor.