Revised: 16 March 2015
In this lab, you will build and run (on the Xcode simulator) the iOS Tip Calculator App described in Chapter 3 of the textbook.
- Follow the instructions in Chapter 3 of the textbook to build the Tip Calculator application, with the following notes:
- There are likely a few typos (see information under Errata at deitel.com) in your copy of the text; ask the instructor if something does not seem reasonable to you.
- There may be some differences between our current version of Xcode and the screen shots in the text; ask if you have difficulty.
- Use "MSOE SE-4910i" as your Organization Name.
- Use "edu.msoe.se4910i.username" as your Company Identifier, where "username" is your MSOE user name.
- Make sure you choose Swift as the programming language.
- Do not check the Use Core Data option.
- Specify a directory in your workspace for the project. For now, do not check the Create Git repository option. If some things don't work the way you expect, and you can't figure out how to fix them, consult the instructor.
- Run your application in the iPhone simulator and demonstrate it to the instructor.
Submission (due Wednesday, 18 March 2105, at 11PM)
There is no separate lab report for this lab, but be sure to submit at least one question in the prescribed format.
Note that the submitted file is to be in Markdown source (markup) format, not HTML.
Ask the instructor if you have questions.